Saturday, February 18, 2017

Outfits of the Week

My fourth semester of degree just started and it's always been exciting to me to wake up and figure out what to wear. I realized how I always take so much time on my outfits but no time to ever take pictures of them; that's a waste because if you don't take pictures and upload them online, people will never see your outfits (insert meme here). Jokes aside (not really), sometimes when I wear an outfit that I am really proud of and fail to take pictures of it, I would comfort myself saying "oh, maybe I can wear the same outfit for a more eventful day" when in reality, I'll forget what I wear so no one will ever witness a cool outfit that I successfully put together. Thus, I have finally taken the initiative to take pictures so here are some of my outfits of the week.

130217: Monday Blues

I have a habit of wearing blue on Mondays, unconsciously and since it was the first day of class, I had to show my genuine feelings of starting back my degree. To be honest, it's only been a week and I am already sick (literally, I am sick as I am typing this out). 


Taken by Aimanisme, at SS15

Hijab: Bahiyya Hijab
Top: Bandung
Bottom: Anaabu 
Shoes: Clarks


My top actually has some cute patches that I patched them myself but you can't really see it due to my hijab. Anyway, the pants from Anaabu are my absolute favourite! I am a sucker for high-waisted pants as it gives an illusion of a taller figure and the slits at the bottom are just so precious. I love pairing these with anything especially with cute socks because the slits will really show them off. 


150217: On Wednesdays, we wear pink!

For quite some time, I have been struggling on having colours in my wardrobe and although pink is one of my favourite colours, my wardrobe is dearth of it. Anyway, I decided to wear pink not only because it was a Wednesday but it was a day after Valentine's Day and my two beautiful best friends, Sasha and Vieana asked me out for lunch! I treated it like a Galentine and when you're with those two, you really have to go all out on your outfits.


Taken by Vieana, at APW Bangsar

Hijab: Hana Tajima for Uniqlo
Sweater: Seoul
Top: (it's actually a girdle)
Pants: Mori

How corny can I be with the cutout heart shaped pants, am I right? I don't really fancy the flair of the jeans but it may be because I am just not used to it. Since there was a cut out and I haven't patched it like what I intended to do, I decided to wear a girdle. Yes, a girdle underneath my pants and over my sweater. When I thought that, I immediately thought that I was a genius but I wore it the whole day and could not eat as much as I wanted to, so that made me a bit sad. Anyway, let's talk about the sweater I got from Seoul. The cuffs were the reason why I bought it! 


170217: I Mesh-ed Up!

I was invited by my talented primary school friend, Anis to come to her fashion show where she showed off her gorgeous vibrant collection but I came a bit too late! :( Nonetheless, she won Best Creative & Innovative Design and honestly, when I was in primary school, I knew that she would do big things like this and knew that fashion will always be her specialty! If you're keen on seeing what I'm talking about, click here to read her blog and see her design!


Taken by Aiman, at NU Sentral

T-shirt: My sister's!
Mesh top: H&M
Pants: Cotton On
Bag: Zara
Boots: H&M

I think there will always be a day in the week where I will wear an all-black outfit! I honestly love how this outfit turned out especially with a vibrant purple inner that matched my lipstick that really showcased my current favourite, the mesh top. 


180217: I Stole Tasha's Look!

Tasha turned 22 and she invited me for her birthday lunch to celebrate the occasion! The theme was blue and white so I decided to use her as my inspiration for the outfit. Things that remind me of her are soft colours, small striped shirts, satin camisoles and ankle straps heels so I put them all into one outfit! It was so funny how she complimented on my outfit when actually, I was just channeling her aesthetics. It was a great birthday lunch, I hope Tasha knows that she is always loved by everyone!

Taken by Lis, at Greenhouse by Muir

Shirt: Tommy Hilfiger
Camisole: Thrifted
Pants: Uniqlo
Bag: Dorothy Perkins
Shoes: Charles & Keith

After wearing this outfit, I understand why Tasha likes wearing soft colours! I really hate wearing white because I am such a klutz but I think I should add more soft colours into my wardrobe. It makes me feel so soft and feminine. Also, if you're wondering where to get satin camisoles, don't bother buying them from your favourite branded stores because honestly, it's overpriced. I got my camisoles all from Family Bundle, Ampang for only RM5 each. You just need the patience of finding them but it will all be worth it.

I honestly am really proud of myself because I got to show you guys my outfits of the week. I just had a thought that maybe I should do this a weekly thing on my blog, you know? Anyway, I'm in a process of writing a heartfelt blog post, I just don't know when I will have the time to do so since I am always running out of time but hopefully soon.

Till then, have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment